Continuum of Colorado's Aurora Office - Aurora, CO
CoC - 1182
# of Openings:
Are you retired and looking to supplement your income or just looking for a new and rewarding opportunity? This is a great position for someone who is looking to work in a flexible environment, with a growing team! Continuum of Colorado (CoC) has a fantastic opportunity for a Driver in our Transportation department who will be responsible for the safe and legal operation of agency fleet vehicles, safe and proper care of passengers, routine vehicle maintenance, and the completion of assigned reports.
Our Driver will be based out of our Aurora office location in Aurora, CO (near Mississippi Ave & Havana Ave). This is a part-time position at 20-25 hours per week with the potential to become full-time.
The Good Stuff! Starting Salary
More About What You’ll Get To Do As Our Driver!
* Drive a bus or van according to an assigned route schedule
* Transport individuals in services to and from day activities, medical appointments, etc. in the community; perform passenger loading and unloading as trained
* Assist with pick up and drop off items, as assigned
* Plan your workday to assure all tasks and routes are completed; communicate appropriately when timelines cannot be met
* Maintain and use current knowledge of the proper use of new and/or improved methods of transporting individuals with various mobility devices
* Complete required reporting forms
* Ensure vehicle maintenance is performed; complete vehicle checklists
* Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with individuals, advocates, family members, supervisors, coworkers and others
* Complete all required training including but not limited to: Defensive Driving and Large Van Training
Must Have’s To Be Our Driver!
* A High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred
* Ability to read, write in English and communicate effectively (both orally and in writing)
* Ability to perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments
* Ability to meet and maintain agency driving requirements
* Ability to meet physical requirements of this position, to include bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, climbing and lifting up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
* Knowledge of basic computer skills (i.e. e-mail, internet, minimal data entry)
* Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
* Valid Colorado driver’s license/proof of insurance
* Meet our agency driving requirements; no suspensions/less than three tickets in three years