Part-time Direct Support Professional/Caregiver
Varies w/in Denver, CO Metro area - Locations may vary by shift
CoC - 1067
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado is hiring part-time Direct Support Professionals for our rewarding Caregiver positions to provide personal care to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities in the greater Denver, CO area. You'll receive employer-paid training and get to interact with a variety of individuals while being responsible for supervision, training, program/care plan implementation, assessment and documentation for those we serve.
We require schedule flexibility; a willingness to work at our various residential facilities (in the Denver, CO Metro area - Aurora, Centennial, Littleton, and Parker); and a reliable means of transportation.
Schedule: Must be willing to work a minimum of 6 shifts/month with a maximum of 40 hrs/week. Shifts can include covering 2.5 day shifts or a day program shift with varying hours. Potential opportunity to transfer to full-time, benefited position, if available. Please note: transfers are not automatic and are subject to current staffing needs and availability. Click here for our full-time opportunities!
Training: Must be able to complete all agency trainings at their scheduled times prior to working in our facilities. Training is a minimum of 3 weeks: Mon - Thu, 8a - 6p.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary!
$12.71 + / hour (please note: this is a non-benefitted position)
More about what you’ll get to do as our part-time Direct Support Professional/Caregiver!
• Train, assure and assist individuals in completing daily activities and other tasks (cleaning, toileting, meal preparation, meal pick-up and delivery, cooking, budgeting, hygiene etc.)
• Meet individuals' needs for transportation (may include driving or assisting in accessing transportation)
• Implement and document individuals' ISSPs, care plans and protocols
• Carry out scheduled community activities (transports, provides supervision)
• Assist with medications (i.e., administration, pill packing, monitoring) as certified, and document as appropriate
• Monitor health needs of individuals and assist in obtaining health care as needed
• Provide medical care in accordance with established protocols, to include First Aid/CPR when needed
• Document program, incident, medical and financial information as required
• Use web-based computer programs to document medication administrations
Must have’s to be our part-time Direct Support Professional/Caregiver
• High school diploma or GED
• One (1) year experience in an area directly related to job assignment (i.e., developmental disabilities, etc.), preferred
• Ability to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
• Ability to perform needed personal care and medical procedures; consistently lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office at an intermediate level; ability to use Outlook
• Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
• Valid Colorado motor vehicle license; proof of motor vehicle insurance
• Meet agency driving requirements and operate agency vehicles
Click here to watch a quick video about Continuum of Colorado!
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1067