Movement / Music Therapist (Colorado Springs Area)
CoC - 1105
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado’s Personal Care department has a fantastic opportunity for a part-time Movement / Music Therapist who will perform licensed therapeutic in-home movement/music therapy services to children and adults served in the Home and Community Support Department and who reside primarily in El Paso county, but also in Teller and Pueblo County. Movement Therapy includes the use of music and/or dance as a therapeutic tool for the habilitation, rehabilitation and maintenance of behavioral, developmental, physical, social, communication, pain management, cognition and gross motor skills.
We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our offices are open Monday – Thursday and are closed on Fridays. This position will primarily work Monday – Thursday; however, due to the nature of the role and our commitment to the community and the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility due to appointments and responsibilities that occur outside typical workweek hours. This position must be willing to drive to appointments in these areas. Travel time will be reimbursed.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary!
What You’ll Get To Do!
- Coordinates with Community Center Board (CCB) Case Manager to ensure the need for movement/music therapy is identified by Medicaid State Plan therapist (OT or PT) or a physician.
- Establishes the treatment goal and monitors progress at least quarterly.
- Performs consultative visits to families either alone or in consultation with other team members.
- Ensures adherence to Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures in provision of services.
- Completes all program-related documentation.
- Tracks progress and notes areas of concerns or improvements for therapy plans.
- Develops and maintains working case files.
- Initiates contact with individuals, families and providers as necessary.
- Follows appropriate lines of communication and assures that supervisor or designee is well informed.
- Accommodates individuals’ and families’ schedules in planning meetings.
Must Have’s To Be Our Movement / Music Therapist!
- Active Movement / Music Therapist license in Colorado.
- Two years experience and/or related education or training working with persons who have developmental disabilities preferred.
- Working knowledge of the developmental disabilities system, rules and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of motor development, motor disorders and appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Ability to maintain necessary training, certifications and licensure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicates with individuals served, families, staff and others.
- Effectively writes progress reports and implements plans.
- Functions interdependently with persons served, co-workers, other staff, agency administration, and external agencies while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- Demonstrates, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work.
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license.
- Proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance.
- Meet our agency driving requirements; no suspensions/less than three tickets in three years