Massage Therapist (Denver Metro Area)
Continuum of Colorado's Aurora Office - Aurora, CO
CoC - 1087
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado is seeking a Massage Therapist who will perform in-home, licensed therapeutic massage services to children and adults served in the Home and Community Support department, located in Arapahoe and Douglas County. Massage therapy includes; the physical manipulation of muscles to ease contractures or spasms, increase extension, muscle relaxation and decrease muscle tension. The Massage Therapist will also assist in the assessment of range of motion, muscle strength, and propose therapy plans for the individuals.
This position will be based out of our Aurora office location. Hours and shifts will be as needed by the participants receiving services. This position requires flexibility, as the Massage Therapist schedules all their own appointments with individuals in services. It is preferred the Massage Therapist provides a portable massage bed and sheets.
We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our offices are open Monday – Thursday and are closed on Fridays. This position will primarily work Monday – Thursday; however, due to the nature of the role and our commitment to the community and the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility due to appointments and responsibilities that occur outside typical workweek hours. This position must be willing to drive to appointments all over the metro area, including Aurora, Denver, Englewood, Centennial, Littleton and Parker. Travel time will be reimbursed.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary!
$28 - $35/hourly
More here: https://vizi.vizirecruiter.com/Continuum-of-Colorado-1184/Massage-Therapist-Denver-Metro-Area-CO-2683/index.html
What You’ll Get To Do!
* Coordinate with CCB Case Manager to ensure the need for massage therapy is identified by Medicaid State Plan therapist (OT or PT) or a physician.
* Establish the treatment goal and monitors progress at least quarterly.
* Perform consultative visits to families either alone or in consultation with other team members.
* Ensure adherence to Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures in provision of services.
* Complete all program-related documentation.
* Accommodate individuals’ and families’ schedules in planning meetings.
* Monitor health and safety issues, advises as necessary; works with HCSP Supervisor as required.
Must Have’s To Be Our Massage Therapist!
* Active Massage Therapist license in Colorado.
* Two years experience and/or related education or training working with persons who have developmental disabilities preferred.
* Prefer working knowledge of the developmental disabilities system, rules and regulations.
* Knowledge of motor development, motor disorders and appropriate therapeutic interventions.
* Ability to maintain necessary training, certifications and licensure.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicates with individuals served, families, staff and others. Ability to read and write effectively in English and Spanish is a plus!
* Effectively writes progress reports and implements plans.
* Functions interdependently with persons served, co-workers, other staff, agency administration, and external agencies while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
* Demonstrates, problem-solving and organizational skills.
* Ability to work flexible hours.
* Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
* Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work.
* Valid Colorado motor vehicle license.
* Proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance.
* Meet our agency driving requirements; no suspensions/less than three tickets in three years