Massage Therapist (Colorado Springs Area)
CoC - 1235
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado is seeking a part-time Massage Therapist (with the potential to become full-time) who will perform in-home, licensed therapeutic massage services to children and adults served in the Home and Community Support Department located in El Paso, Teller, and Douglas County. Massage therapy includes; the physical manipulation of muscles to ease contractures or spasms, increase extension, muscle relaxation and decrease muscle tension. The Massage Therapist will also assist in the assessment of range of motion, muscle strength, and propose therapy plans for the individuals.
All services are provided in-home in the Colorado Springs area. Hours and shifts will be as needed by the participants receiving services. This position requires flexibility, as the Massage Therapist schedules all their own appointments with individuals in services. It is preferred the Massage Therapist provides a portable massage bed and sheets.
We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our offices are open Monday – Thursday and are closed on Fridays. This position will primarily work Monday – Thursday; however, due to the nature of the role and our commitment to the community and the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility due to appointments and responsibilities that occur outside typical workweek hours.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary!
What You’ll Get To Do!
* Coordinate with Supervisor to ensure the need for massage therapy is identified by Medicaid State Plan therapist (OT or PT) or a physician.
* Establish the treatment goal and monitors progress at least quarterly.
* Perform consultative visits to families either alone or in consultation with other team members.
* Respond promptly and professionally to individual and family needs and requests.
* Ensure adherence to Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures in provision of services.
* Complete all program-related documentation.
* Track progress and notes areas of concerns or improvements for therapy plans.
* Report abuse and neglect situations; files appropriate reports.
* Initiate contact with individuals, families and providers as necessary.
* Follow appropriate lines of communication and assures that supervisor or designee is well informed.
* Accommodate individuals’ and families’ schedules in planning meetings.
* Monitor health and safety issues, advises as necessary; works with HCS Supervisor as required.
Must Have’s To Be Our Massage Therapist!
* Active Massage Therapist license in Colorado.
* Two years experience and/or related education or training working with persons who have developmental disabilities preferred.
* Prefer working knowledge of the developmental disabilities system, rules and regulations.
* Knowledge of motor development, motor disorders and appropriate therapeutic interventions.
* Ability to maintain necessary training, certifications and licensure.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicates with individuals served, families, staff and others.
* Effectively writes progress reports and implements plans.
* Functions interdependently with persons served, co-workers, other staff, agency administration, and external agencies while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
* Demonstrates, problem-solving and organizational skills.
* Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
* Valid Colorado driver’s license/proof of insurance
* Meet our agency driving requirements; no suspensions/less than three tickets in three years