Home and Community Support Provider
Varies w/in Denver, CO Metro area - Locations may vary by shift
CoC - 974
# of Openings:
This position is based out of our administrative building in Aurora, CO. This position will vary in shifts and locations depending on the individual’s needs you are working with. This is not a full time position.
• Assist individuals in services in completing daily activities and other tasks (cleaning, toileting, meal preparation, meal pick-up and delivery, cooking, budgeting, hygiene etc.) as assigned.
• Implement and document services provided as outlined on the individuals in services plan of care.
• Carry out scheduled supported community connection activities as assigned (transports, provides supervision).
• Provide care in accordance with established protocols, to include First Aid/CPR when needed.
• Assist in the development and implementation of individualized care plans.
• Document provider notes, incidents, and health and safety concerns as required.
• Communicate in appropriate, effective, and respectful manner with individuals in services, advocates, family members, supervisors, other staff, agencies, and organizations; maintain individuals in services confidentiality.
• Write information effectively, appropriately and in correct format.
• Follow appropriate lines of communication; assure supervisor (designee) is well informed.
• Attend and participate in individuals in services meetings as needed.
Must Have’s To Be A Personal Care Worker!
• High school diploma or GED.
• Prefer one year experience in an area directly related to job assignment (i.e., developmental disabilities, elderly etc.)
• Ability to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training.
• Ability to perform needed personal care.
• Ability to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with non-ambulatory clients.
• Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments.
• Ability to perform basic food preparation as applicable.
• Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
• Ability to perform basic computer skills.
• Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work as appropriate.
• Valid Colorado motor vehicle license.
• Proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance.
• Meet and maintain agency driving requirements and operate agency vehicles.
In order to be considered, qualified candidates must attach their Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) for all states in which they were licensed in the past three (3) years. MVR records do not need to be certified; non-certified copies are sufficient. If you are waiting to receive your MVR from the DMV, you may apply now and then attach the MVR to your application when you receive it.
What are our agency driving requirements?
* Show three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history
* No suspensions or revocations during that period for any reason
* No serious violations in the past three (3) years
* No more than two (2) moving violations in the past three (3) years
MVR's must be less than 90 days old. For more information about Colorado MVR, please go to: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1186043480608. If you are unable to attach your MVR you may fax it to: 303.858.2086, Attention: PCW- Hiring.
$10.00/hour -- Hours and shifts will vary depending on individual’s needs.
If working 18 hours a week or more, employees are eligible for the following benefits:
* A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
* Health/dental/vision coverage
* Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability insurance
* Generous paid time off and holiday pay
* 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
* Mileage reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
* Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
* Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Credit union membership
* Employer-paid training
Here’s More About Us
Continuum of Colorado is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit agency providing services to people with a wide range of abilities. At Continuum, we empower individuals to live a meaningful life. We believe it is our responsibility to not only meet the needs of each individual we support but also to partner with our supported-individuals to help them reach milestones, achieve their goals, and make their dreams a reality. Person-centeredness is not just a trend or buzzword to us; it’s a philosophy that embodies each Direct Support Professional we hire. Our mission is to be a partner in choice and independence by collaborating with individuals and their families to provide high-quality lifetime supports that will empower them to thrive in their community. Check out all the services we provide at www.continuumcolo.org.
Job Reference #: 974