CoC - Supported Employment & TANF Supervisor
Continuum of Colorado has a fantastic opportunity for a Supported Employment & TANF Supervisor to oversee the day-to-day operations of our TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) and individual supported employment programs. You'll also get to manage reduced caseloads of both TANF and individuals served through supported employment.
You'll be based out of our Inverness office located in the Denver Tech Center in Englewood, CO We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our offices are open Monday - Thursday and are closed on Fridays. This is a full-time position at 36 hrs/week typically working Mon - Thu; however we do ask for some flexibility to work on a Friday or evenings due to the nature of this position and meeting with individuals we support that work evening/weekend hours.
More about what you’ll get to do!
* Participate and represent Continuum of Colorado in county TANF meetings and staff on changes or revisions to rules or requirements
* Review and audit a 5% monthly sample of workforce development cases and ensure compliance with Douglas county requirements
* Train program staff on TANF program rules and regulations and conduct recurring trainings
* Develop curriculum and conduct workshops in employment skills training for individuals
* Inform individuals and families of possible effects earnings might have on social security benefits and refer to the benefits planner as needed. Initiate subsidy letters and assist with work activity reports as necessary
* Research, contract and arrange for potential services and providers for Integrated Employment Goals identified in the Individual Plan
* Mentor and provide employment skills training, job development, on the job training and follow along services to individuals; develop situational assessment and job-specific training-plan to meet employer rules and regulations. Assure individuals exhibits job-related competence
* Develop ISSP with individual, family and multidisciplinary team where applicable; review plan every 6 months
* Initiate and complete Vocational Assessment and Report
* Facilitate natural supports for employee and provides consultation and education to the employer
* Attend resource/job fairs, school liaison opportunities, workshops and trainings and public awareness events regarding Integrated Employment. Prepare and conduct informative presentations
* Create, modify and submit program documents as well as spreadsheets
* Develop and maintain case files
* Prepare, review and track documentation including monthly summaries, Incident Reports, annual assessments, billing, daily notes, Individual Service and Support Plans (ISSP), Prepare and present Human Rights Committee reports
* Accurately complete DVR application and supporting documentation, comprehensive assessments and reports as required
* Compile and submit quarterly Complaint and Incident report log and trend analysis
* Compile and submit Supported Employment data reports as required by supervisor and/or DDD
* Ensure funding is authorized before employment services are provided (DVR authorizations, Medicaid wavier units, etc.)
* Complete monthly billing accurately, within established deadlines
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$20.83 - $23.74/hour
Here's some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's great to work here!
- A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training
Must have’s to be our Supported Employment & TANF Supervisor!
* Associate Degree or two years advanced study at an accredited college or university preferred
* Two years supervisory or management experience, preferably in developmental disabilities
* Working knowledge of the I/DD system, rules and regulations preferred
* Experience in sales and marketing preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate at all levels with managers, subordinates, individuals and others
* Ability to work flexible hours
* Valid Colorado driver license/auto insurance
* Meet our driving requirements - no suspensions/no more than two moving violations/tickets in the past three years