CoC - Part-Time Support Mentor
Are you a flexible independent caregiver looking for part-time work? Then don't miss out on this opportunity!
Continuum of Colorado has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person who is committed to providing excellent customer service and supports to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and having fun while doing so! The part-time Support Mentor role, known here at Continuum as a Family Care Giver, is a rewarding position where you are responsible for supervision, training, program/care plan implementation, assessment and documentation for those served in the Family Caregiver Act (FCA) program.
In this role, you will get to do many different types of activities depending on the individual in services hobbies and interests (i.e. going to the library, going to the doctor, going shoe shopping, etc.). Schedule may occasionally vary to meet the needs of the individual in services, but standard hours are as follows: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday- 3:30PM - 8:00PM; Wednesday- 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Why is Continuum so great to work for?
- Competitive pay!
What you’ll get to do!
- Provide services as outlined in the individual’s Service Plan (SP) and Family Caregiver Agreement
- Implement and document the individual’s ISSPs, care plans and/or protocols
- Maintain confidentiality and assures the individual’s rights are protected
- Notify nurse of medical issues and concerns
- Assist with medications (i.e. administration, pill packing, monitoring) as certified, and documents as appropriate
- Monitor health needs of the individual and assists in obtaining health care as needed
- Provide medical care in accordance with established protocols, to include First Aid/CPR when needed
- Document program, incident, medical and financial information as required
- Write information effectively, appropriately and in correct format
- Attend and participates in the individual’s meetings as needed
- Follow work hours as outlined in Service Plan and Family Caregiver Agreement
- Follow Continuum of Colorado budget for the Family Caregiver Program; provides only the services outlined in the individuals SP/Family Caregiver Agreement unless receives prior authorization
Must haves to be our Family Care Giver!
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Ability to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
- Ability to operate a wheelchair (if applicable) appropriately and assist with non-ambulatory individuals (if applicable) including transfers
- Ability to read, write and converse in the language of the individual served and performs simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments
- Ability to consistently lift up to 50 pounds
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver’s license/proof of insurance
- Meet our agency driving requirements; no suspensions/revocations and less than 3 tickets in the past 3 years