CoC - Movement/Music Therapist
Continuum of Colorado has a fantastic opportunity for a part-time Movement/Music Therapist to provide licensed therapeutic in-home movement/music therapy services to children and adults served in our Home and Community Support Department in the Colorado Springs, CO area. Movement Therapy includes the use of music and/or dance as a therapeutic tool for the habilitation, rehabilitation and maintenance of behavioral, developmental, physical, social, communication, pain management, cognition and gross motor skills.
We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so you'll primarily work Mon - Thu; however, due to the nature of the role and our commitment to the community and the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility due to appointments and responsibilities that occur outside typical workweek hours. We primarily serve families residing in El Paso county, as well as those in Teller and Pueblo counties. Our Movement/Music Therapist must be willing to drive to appointments in these areas and your travel time will be reimbursed.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary!
More about what you’ll get to do as our Movement/Music Therapist
- Coordinate with the Community Center Board (CCB) Case Manager to ensure the need for movement/music therapy is identified by the Medicaid State Plan therapist (OT or PT) or a physician
- Initiate contact with individuals, families and providers as necessary
- Perform consultative visits to families either alone or in consultation with other team members; accommodate individuals’ and families’ schedules in planning meetings
- Establish treatment goals and monitor progress at least quarterly; track progress and note areas of concerns or improvements for therapy plans
- Complete all program-related documentation; develop and maintain working case files
- Ensure adherence to Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures in provision of services
Must have’s to be our Movement/Music Therapist
- Active Movement/Music Therapist license in Colorado; ability to maintain necessary training, certifications and licensure
- Knowledge of motor development, motor disorders and appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Two (2) years experience and/or related education or training working with persons who have developmental disabilities, preferred
- Working knowledge of the developmental disabilities system, rules and regulations, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; be able to effectively communicate with individuals served, families, staff and others
- Function interdependently with persons served, co-workers, other staff, agency administration, and external agencies while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver license and auto insurance
- Meet our driving requirements; no suspensions or revocations in the past 3 years and no more than 2 tickets in the past 3 years
Job Reference #: 12252