CoC - Massage Therapist (Colorado Springs, CO)
Continuum of Colorado is seeking a Massage Therapist to provide in-home, licensed therapeutic massage services to children and adults served in the Home and Community Support department, located in Colorado Springs. Massage therapy includes the physical manipulation of muscles to ease contractures or spasms, increase extension, muscle relaxation and decrease muscle tension. Our Massage Therapist will also get to assist in the assessment of range of motion, muscle strength, and propose therapy plans for the individuals.
This position will be based out Colorado Springs with appointments located throughout the metro area. Travel time will be reimbursed.
Hours and shifts will be as needed by the participants receiving services. We'll require flexibility as you'll get to schedule your own appointments with our individuals in services. We do prefer that you provide a portable massage bed and sheets.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary!
$28-$35 / hourly
More about what you’ll get to do as our Massage Therapist
- Coordinate with CCB Case Manager to ensure the need for massage therapy is identified by Medicaid State Plan therapist (OT or PT) or a physician.
- Establish the treatment goal and monitor progress at least quarterly.
- Perform consultative visits to families either alone or in consultation with other team members.
- Ensure adherence to Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures in provision of services.
- Complete all program-related documentation.
- Accommodate individuals’ and families’ schedules in planning meetings.
- Monitor health and safety issues, advise as necessary; work with HCSP Supervisor as required.
Must haves to be our Massage Therapist!
- Active Massage Therapist license in Colorado.
- Two years experience and/or related education or training working with persons who have developmental disabilities preferred.
- Prefer working knowledge of the developmental disabilities system, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of motor development, motor disorders and appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Ability to maintain necessary training, certifications and licensure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicates with individuals served, families, staff and others. Ability to read and write effectively in English and Spanish is a plus!
- Effectively writes progress reports and implements plans.
- Function interdependently with persons served, co-workers, other staff, agency administration, and external agencies while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work.
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license/proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance.
- Meet our driving requirements; no suspensions/less than three tickets in three years.