CoC - Driver
Continuum of Colorado (CoC) has a fantastic opportunity for a Driver in our Transportation department who will be responsible for the safe and legal operation of agency fleet vehicles, safe and proper care of passengers, routine vehicle maintenance, and the completion of assigned reports.
Our Driver will be based out of our Aurora office location in Aurora, CO.
Please note: CDL is required for this position but is a plus!
This position works Monday - Friday, averaging 30 hours per week, working a split shift. Position starts around 6:00-6:30AM, completes their route and then returns to base and ends their first shift around 10:00-10:30AM. This position returns back to base around 1:00-1:30PM, completes their route and returns to base around 4:30-5:00PM to wrap up for the day.
Starting Salary and Benefits
- Competitive pay - $15.60 / hourly
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Certified Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employer-paid training with a supportive team
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, dental, vision Insurance
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
More about what you'll get to do as our Driver
- Drive a bus or van according to an assigned route schedule
- Transport individuals in services to and from day activities, medical appointments, etc. in the community; perform passenger loading and unloading as trained
- Assist with pick up and drop off items, as assigned
- Plan your workday to assure all tasks and routes are completed; communicate appropriately when timelines cannot be met
- Maintain and use current knowledge of the proper use of new and/or improved methods of transporting individuals with various mobility devices
- Complete required reporting forms
- Ensure vehicle maintenance is performed; complete vehicle checklists
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with individuals, advocates, family members, supervisors, coworkers and others
- Complete all required training including but not limited to: Defensive Driving and Large Van Training
Requirements to be our Driver
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain our driving requirements and operate agency vehicles
- Ability to meet physical requirements of this position, to include bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, climbing and lifting up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (i.e. e-mail, internet, minimal data entry)
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license with three years’ continuous driving history
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Colorado Commercial Driver License (CDL) is not required but is a plus
- Large passenger van operating experience, preferred
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, preferred
What are our agency driving requirements?
- Have three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history
- No suspensions or revocations in the past three (3) years
- No serious violations in the past three (3) years
- No more than two moving violations in the past three (3) years
Please note: We will pull your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) in all states that you have had a driver’s license in during the past 3 years as part of our hiring process. Upon hire, we monitor all employees’ MVRs monthly.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 36070