CoC - Driver
We are looking for a reliable and energetic Driver to join our Transportation department who will be responsible for the safe and legal operation of agency fleet vehicles, safe and proper care of passengers, routine vehicle maintenance, and the completion of assigned reports. This is a great position for someone who is looking to work in a flexible environment, with a growing team!
Our Driver will be based out of our Aurora office location. This is a 40 hr/week position; AM- Break- PM; Monday-Friday.
**No CDL Required
The Good Stuff! Starting Salary
- Competitive pay - $15.60/hr
- Flexible hours and locations in the Denver Metro Area
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Certified Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employer-paid training with a supportive team
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, dental, vision Insurance
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
More About What You’ll Get To Do As Our Driver!
- Drive a bus or van according to an assigned route schedule
- Transport individuals in services to and from day activities, medical appointments, etc. in the community; perform passenger loading and unloading as trained
- Assist with pick up and drop off items, as assigned
- Plan your workday to assure all tasks and routes are completed; communicate appropriately when timelines cannot be met
- Maintain and use current knowledge of the proper use of new and/or improved methods of transporting individuals with various mobility devices
- Complete required reporting forms
- Ensure vehicle maintenance is performed; complete vehicle checklists
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with individuals, advocates, family members, supervisors, coworkers and others
- Complete all required training including but not limited to: Defensive Driving and Large Van Training
Must Have’s To Be Our Driver!
- A High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred
- Ability to read, write in English and communicate effectively (both orally and in writing)
- Ability to perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments
- Ability to meet and maintain agency driving requirements
- Ability to meet physical requirements of this position, to include bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing, climbing and lifting up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (i.e. e-mail, internet, minimal data entry)
The Other Stuff You Need
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work as appropriate
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license with three years’ continuous driving history
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Ability to meet and maintain our driving requirements and operate agency vehicles
What are our agency driving requirements?
- Have three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history
- No suspensions or revocations in the past three (3) years
- No serious violations in the past three (3) years
- No more than two moving violations in the past three (3) years
*Please note that we will pull your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) in all states that you have had a driver’s license in during the past 3 years as part of our hiring process. Upon hire, we monitor all employees’ MVRs monthly so you’ll need to have a pretty clean driving record to be employed with us!