CoC - Day Program Activities Assistant
Apply Now - $1000 Signing Bonus!
Continuum of Colorado is seeking Activities Assistants for our various day programs around the Denver, CO Metro area:
- East / Seniors Day Program - Aurora, CO
- West Day Program - Littleton, CO
Due to certain day program activities that involve supporting our male individuals, we encourage males to apply!
You'll get to provide supports to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and have fun while doing so! We're looking to fill these positions IMMEDIATELY!
These are full-time positions 36 hours/week; both 4 and 5 day shifts available. Our 5 day position will primarily support site-based activities- assisting in crafts, exercise, and day-to-day program needs. Our 4 day position will focus more on supporting community based activities which requires more driving responsibilities and working independently to support the individuals we serve on their community outings to museum's, parks, bowling, and lots of other fun outings!
Here at Continuum of Colorado we recognize the important work that our Activities Assistants do and we want to show our appreciation with a $1000 signing bonus to welcome you to our team!
Why is Continuum of Colorado so great to work for?
- Competitive pay $13.85/ hr
- $1000 Signing Bonus!
- Great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours week, working 4 days
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
- Certified Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employer-paid training with a supportive team
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym for employee use
- Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
More about what you’ll get to do as our Activities Assistant!
This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a small group of individuals while facilitating the following:
- Community activities such as visiting new museum exhibits and area venues
- Site-based activities such as skill building and memory exercises including sensory fun, gardening, games, arts and crafts, socializing, singing and music activities
- Physical fitness
- Community volunteer projects
- Hobby development
Your role as an Activities Assistant will help participants become active members of their community; help them develop skills for future success; and provide meaningful activities to enhance their quality of life while providing a safe and nurturing environment.
Must haves to be our Activities Assistant!
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year experience in an area directly related to job, preferred (i.e., developmental disabilities, elderly, etc.)
- Be a committed, caring, dependable and hardworking person
- Able to pass and maintain certification in all required training
- Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
- Able to use crisis intervention techniques as trained by Continuum and as directed by our participants’ service plan where applicable
- Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with individuals who may be non-ambulatory, including transfers; able to meet physical demands of the position
- Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations
- Able to perform basic food preparation as applicable
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver’s license/proof of insurance
- Meet our driving requirements - no suspensions or revocations in the past 3 years/less than 3 tickets in the past 3 years