CoC - Activity Services Facilitator - Floater
Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible position? Continuum of Colorado has a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic person for our Activity Services Facilitator - Floater position with our Seniors' Choice Day Program (Aurora, CO), who is committed to providing excellent customer service and supports to seniors and/or adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and who likes to have fun while doing so!
This position is a "floater" position between our programs in Aurora: East Day, Seniors' Choice and Elevate 365-Special Olympics.
This position requires flexibility working at any of these programs - meaning some evenings and weekends (Saturdays) will be required. The shifts will vary between Mondays - Saturdays; 5 days/36 hours each week, typically working 2 Saturdays each month.
Why is Continuum of Colorado so great to work for?
- Competitive pay $12.71 - $13.84/hr; plus $75 bi-weekly stipend for bilingual (English/Spanish) folks!
- Great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours week
- Employer-paid training with a supportive team
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym for employee use
- Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
More about what you’ll get to do as our Activity Services Facilitator-Floater!
- Training and assisting individuals in services in completing daily activities and other tasks (cleaning, toileting, meal preparation, meal pick-up and delivery, cooking, budgeting, hygiene, etc.)
- Meeting individuals in services' needs for transportation as assigned
- Implementing and documenting individuals in services' Individualized Service and Support Plant (ISSP), care plans and protocols
This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a small group of individuals while facilitating the following:
- Site-based activities such as skill building and memory exercises including sensory fun, gardening, games, arts and crafts, socializing, singing and music activities
- Physical fitness
- Hobby development
Must Have’s To Be Our Activity Services Facilitator - Floater!
- High school diploma or GED
- Prefer one (1) year experience in an area directly related to job assignment
- Must be committed, caring, dependable and hardworking
- Able to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
- Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
- Able to use crisis intervention techniques as trained by agency
- Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with individuals who may be non-ambulatory, including transfers
- Able to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license and proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance
- Meet and maintain our driving requirements; no suspensions/less than three tickets in three years