CoC - Activities Lead - East Day Program
Continuum of Colorado has a wonderful opportunity for an Activities Lead at our East Day Program in Aurora, CO to oversee the daily program operations, direct employee duties and assure that program plans are conducted as required. We also have a Seniors Day Program and an Elevate 365 Program at our Aurora, CO location as well as a West Day Program in Littleton, CO. Based on program needs, we request some flexibility with our Activities Leads so that they can assist in covering at our other locations/programs as needed.
Our East Day Program serves adults with abilities that range over a broad spectrum. We offer a safe and well supervised environment (participant to staff ratio 1:5) with meaningful Person Centered activities to meet varying interests and abilities.
This is a full-time 36-hour/week position working Monday - Thursday; 8:00a - 5:00p.
Why is Continuum so great to work for?
- Competitive pay! $14.10 - $15.33/hour
- A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
- Employer-paid training with a supportive team
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, dental, vision Insurance
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
More about what you’ll get to do as our Activities Lead!
- Assure activities are appropriately carried out.
- Observe, track and assure service implementation as specified in program plans, as assigned.
- Facilitate a safe environment during crises.
- Assist in providing direct support to individuals in service as necessary.
- Prepare and track program documentation.
- Assist Supervisor in preparing documentation/reports for program plans and operations; file documentation as assigned.
- Complete vehicle maintenance, fire drills, and monthly attendance documentation as directed.
- Attend and participate in meetings as directed.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with Supervisor regarding all aspects of program.
- Exhibit flexibility in work assignments.
- Train employees in client and program-specific areas, as assigned.
- Appropriately document use of agency funds.
- Assure program’s emergency plans are relevant and current, as assigned.
- Follow agency and site-specific safety and emergency procedures and evacuation plans; maintain a safe facility.
- Assist Supervisor in complying with all relevant state and federal health and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Assure medications are accounted for and dispensed properly and that medication sheets are properly documented
- Assure weekly nurse site visits, as appropriate.
Must have’s to be our Activity Services Lead!
- High school diploma or GED.
- Maintain necessary training and certifications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and can communicate effectively.
- Effectively writes, reviews and implements plans.
- Professionally interacts with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work flexible hours, locations and assignments.
- Ability to use department-approved crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs.
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license/proof of insurance.
- Meet our driving requirements; no suspensions/revocations and less than 3 tickets in the past 3 years.