CoC - Activities Assistant - West Day Program
Apply Now - $1000 Signing Bonus!
Continuum of Colorado is hiring an Activities Assistant for our West Day Program in Littleton, CO to provide supports to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and who likes to have fun while doing so! This position needs to be filled IMMEDIATELY!! This is a full-time 36-hr/week position working Mon - Thu; 8a- 5p.
Here at Continuum of Colorado we recognize the important work that our Activities Assistants do and we show our appreciation with a $1000 signing bonus to welcome you to our team!
Why is Continuum of Colorado so great to work for?
- Competitive pay $13.85/hr
- $1000 Signing bonus!
- Great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours week, working 4 days
- Employer-paid training with a supportive team
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
- Certified Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym for employee use
- Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
More about what you’ll get to do as our Activities Assistant!
This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a small group of individuals while facilitating the following:
- Community activities such as visiting new museum exhibits and area venues
- Site-based activities such as skill building and memory exercises including sensory fun, gardening, games, arts and crafts, socializing, singing and music activities
- Physical fitness
- Community volunteer projects
- Hobby development
Must have's to be our Activities Assistant!
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year experience in an area directly related to job, preferred (i.e., developmental disabilities, elderly, etc.)
- Be a committed, caring, dependable and hardworking person
- Able to pass and maintain certification in all required training
- Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
- Able to use crisis intervention techniques as trained by Continuum and as directed by our participants’ service plan where applicable
- Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with individuals who may be non-ambulatory, including transfers; able to meet physical demands of the position
- Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations
- Able to perform basic food preparation as applicable
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license/proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance
- Meet our driving requirements - no suspensions/revocations in the past three (3) years and less than three (3) tickets in the past three (3) years