CoC - Activities Assistant - East Day Program
Apply Now - $1000 Signing Bonus!
Continuum of Colorado is hiring an Activities Assistant for our East Day Program in Aurora, CO to provide supports to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and who like to have fun while doing so!
Here at Continuum of Colorado we recognize the important work that our DSP's do and we show our appreciation with a $1000 signing bonus to welcome you to our team!
This position needs to be filled IMMEDIATELY!! This is a full-time 36-hr/week position working Mon - Thu; 8a - 5p
Click here to apply via Vizi!
Why is Continuum of Colorado so great to work for?
- Competitive pay $13.85/hr
- $1000 Signing Bonus!
- Great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours week, working 4 days
- Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
- Certified Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employer-paid training with a supportive team
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym for employee use
- Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
More about what you’ll get to do as our Activities Assistant!
This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a small group of individuals while facilitating the following:
- Community activities such as visiting new museum exhibits and area venues
- Site-based activities such as skill building and memory exercises including sensory fun, gardening, games, arts and crafts, socializing, singing and music activities
- Physical fitness
- Community volunteer projects
- Hobby development
Your role as an Activity Services Facilitator will help participants become active members of their community; help them develop skills for future success; and provide meaningful activities to enhance their quality of life while providing a safe and nurturing environment.
Must have's to be our Activities Assistant!
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year experience in an area directly related to job, preferred (i.e., developmental disabilities, elderly, etc.)
- Be a committed, caring, dependable and hardworking person
- Able to pass and maintain certification in all required training
- Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
- Able to use crisis intervention techniques as trained by Continuum and as directed by our participants’ service plan where applicable
- Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with individuals who may be non-ambulatory, including transfers; able to meet physical demands of the position
- Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations
- Able to perform basic food preparation as applicable
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver’s license/proof of insurance
- Meet our driving requirements - no suspensions or revocations in the past 3 years/less than 3 tickets in the past 3 years