CNA / Adult Day Program Facilitator - Seniors' Choice
Seniors' Choice - Aurora, CO
CoC - 1058
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado is looking for enthusiastic people for our Activity Services Facilitator positions with our Seniors' Choice Day Program. We are seeking people who are committed to providing excellent customer service and supports to seniors with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities and who likes to have fun while doing so! This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a small group of individuals while facilitating the following:
* Site-based activities including discussion groups on books, films and current events; games that encourage mental stimulation;
* Physical fitness including daily stretching and gentle exercise
* Hobby development
**CNA's are strongly encouraged to apply!
Your role as an Activity Services Facilitator will help these individuals remain active members of their community and provide meaningful activities to enhance their quality of life while providing a safe and nurturing environment.
This position is located at our Aurora, CO location. Shift info: Monday – Friday with variable times between 8a – 5p.
What You’ll Get To Do!
* Training and assisting individuals in services in completing daily activities and other tasks (cleaning, toileting, meal preparation, meal pick-up and delivery, cooking, budgeting, hygiene, etc.) as assigned
* Meeting individuals in services' needs for transportation as assigned
* Implementing and documenting individuals in services' Individualized Service and Support Plant (ISSP), care plans and protocols
Must Have’s To Be Our Activity Services Facilitator!
* High school diploma or GED
* Prefer one year experience in an area directly related to job assignment (i.e., developmental disabilities, elderly, etc.)
* Must be committed, caring, dependable and hardworking
* Able to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
* Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
* Able to use crisis intervention techniques as trained by agency and as directed by the individuals in services' plan where applicable
* Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with individuals who may be non-ambulatory, including transfers.
* Able to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments
* Able to perform basic food preparation as applicable
* Able to meet physical demands of the position
The Other Stuff You Need
* Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
* Valid Colorado motor vehicle license
* Proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance
* Meet and maintain agency driving requirements
What are our agency driving requirements?
* Show three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history
* No suspensions or revocations during that period for any reason
* No serious violations in the past three (3) years
* No more than two moving violations in the past three (3) years
*Please note that we’ll pull your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) in all states that you have had a driver’s license in during the past 3 years as part of our hiring process. Upon hire, we monitor all employees’ MVRs on a monthly basis. You’ll need to have a pretty clean driving record to be employed with us!
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$12.71 - $13.50/hourly
Here's some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's great to work here!
* A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
* Health/dental/vision coverage
* Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability insurance
* Generous paid time off and holiday pay
* 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
* Mileage reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
* Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
* Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
* Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Credit union membership
* Employer-paid training
Here’s More About Us
Continuum of Colorado is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit agency providing services to people with a wide range of abilities. At Continuum, we empower individuals to live a meaningful life. We believe it is our responsibility to not only meet the needs of each individual we support but also to partner with our supported-individuals to help them reach milestones, achieve their goals, and make their dreams a reality. Person-centeredness is not just a trend or buzzword to us; it’s a philosophy that embodies each Direct Support Professional we hire. Our mission is to be a partner in choice and independence by collaborating with individuals and their families to provide high-quality lifetime supports that will empower them to thrive in their community. Check out all the services we provide at www.continuumcolo.org.
Job Reference #: 1058