Varies w/in Denver, CO Metro area - Locations may vary by shift
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado has a fantastic opportunity for a part-time Behavior Technician who will be responsible for working one-on-one with individuals with behavior challenges and/or skill deficits, to implement behavior support plans and related programs. Behavior Technicians may be either registered or unregistered, as determined by their status on the Behavior Technician Registry maintained by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, though all behavior technicians are encouraged to become registered and all related training is paid.
Locations will vary depending upon individual assignments, and may include working in homes, day care centers or schools, and using our clinical facilities at our Aurora location (near Mississippi and Havana) and our Englewood location (in the Tech Center).
Hours may occur through a regular workday, and part-time afternoon and weekend hours may be possible for teachers or day care providers looking to supplement their income and/or gain valuable experience working with and learning from our team of outstanding behavior analysts!
The Good Stuff- Starting Salary!
Up to $18/hourly!
Flexibility in hours is always appreciated (e..g., evenings/weekends). The starting salary is determined based on the candidates RBT status and/or the completion of RBT course-work.
*If you do not currently have this RBT certification, there will be a 90-day training period in order to get that certification. Once that is in place, the employee is then eligible for a raise up to $18/hour after the training period.
What You’ll Get to Do!
• Implement and document services as outlined in the behavioral treatment plans.
• Record specific data on skill acquisition and behavior in addition to documenting provider notes, incident reports, and health and safety concerns as required.
• Provide medical care in accordance with established protocols, to include First Aid/CPR when needed.
• Assist in the implementation of positive behavior support plans.
• Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT’s) maintain all training and continuing education requirements as set by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, and ensure they maintain their status on the registry. Unregistered technicians must successfully complete all RBT requirements to be listed on the registry before their status with Continuum of Colorado will be changed from “unregistered” to “registered.”
Must Have's To Be Our Behavior Technician!
• High school diploma or GED.
• Prefer at least one year experience in an area directly related to job assignment (i.e., developmental disabilities, children with autism spectrum disorders, etc).
• Ability to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training.
• Ability to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with non-ambulatory individuals, as needed.
• Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments.
• Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
• Ability to implement Applied Behavior Analytic (ABA) procedures as specified on the RBT task list ( http://bacb.com/rbt-task-list/ ). This includes the ability to implement structured teaching programs, positive behavior support plans, and record individual-specific data as directed.
• Available to work flexible hours including evening and weekends, when needed.
• Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
• Valid Colorado driver’s license/proof of insurance
• Meet our agency driving requirements; no suspensions/less than three tickets in three years
Job Reference #: 1107