Varies w/in Denver, CO Metro area - Locations may vary by shift
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado has a fantastic opportunity for a part-time and full-time Behavior Technician who will be responsible for working one-on-one with individuals with behavior challenges and/or skill deficits, to implement behavior support plans and related programs. Behavior Technicians may be either registered or unregistered, as determined by their status on the Behavior Technician Registry maintained by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, though all behavior technicians are encouraged to become registered and all related training is paid.
Locations will vary depending upon individual assignments, and may include working in homes, day care centers or schools, and using our clinical facilities at our Aurora location (near Mississippi and Havana) and our Englewood location (in the Tech Center).
Hours may occur through a regular workday, and part-time afternoon and weekend hours may be possible for teachers or day care providers looking to supplement their income and/or gain valuable experience working with and learning from our team of outstanding behavior analysts!
More here: https://vizi.vizirecruiter.com/Continuum-of-Colorado-1184/2668/index.html
What You’ll Get to Do!
• Implement and document services as outlined in the behavioral treatment plans.
• Record specific data on skill acquisition and behavior in addition to documenting provider notes, incident reports, and health and safety concerns as required.
• Provide medical care in accordance with established protocols, to include First Aid/CPR when needed.
• Assist in the implementation of positive behavior support plans.
• Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT’s) maintain all training and continuing education requirements as set by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, and ensure they maintain their status on the registry. Unregistered technicians must successfully complete all RBT requirements to be listed on the registry before their status with Continuum of Colorado will be changed from “unregistered” to “registered.”
Must Have's To Be Our Behavior Technician!
• High school diploma or GED.
• Prefer at least one year experience in an area directly related to job assignment (i.e., developmental disabilities, children with autism spectrum disorders, etc).
• Ability to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training.
• Ability to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with non-ambulatory individuals, as needed.
• Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments.
• Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
• Ability to implement Applied Behavior Analytic (ABA) procedures as specified on the RBT task list ( http://bacb.com/rbt-task-list/ ). This includes the ability to implement structured teaching programs, positive behavior support plans, and record individual-specific data as directed.
• Available to work flexible hours including evening and weekends, when needed.
• Environment varies and includes all settings in which individuals in services spend time: clinic, apartments, homes, group homes, educational settings, host homes, and activities in the community.
The Other Stuff You Need
• Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work, where applicable.
• Valid Colorado motor vehicle license.
• Proof of motor vehicle insurance.
• Meet agency driving requirements and operate agency (if needed) and personal vehicles.
What are our agency driving requirements?
* Show three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history.
* No suspensions or revocations during that period for any reason.
* No serious violations in the past three (3) years.
* No more than two moving violations in the past three (3) years.
*Please note that we’ll pull your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) in all states that you have had a driver’s license in during the past 3 years as part of our hiring process. Upon hire, we monitor all employees’ MVRs on a monthly basis. You’ll need to have a pretty clean driving record to be employed with us!
The Good Stuff- Starting Salary and Benefits!
Up to $18/hourly!
Depending on your scheduling flexibility, needs, and skills, this may be either a part-time hourly position (less than 18 hours/week), or up to a full-time position with pro-rated benefits. Hours may vary from 10 – 36 hours/week. Flexibility in hours is always appreciated (e..g., evenings/weekends). The starting salary is determined based on the candidates RBT status and/or the completion of RBT course-work.
*If you do not current have this RBT certification, there will be a 90-day training period in order to get that certification. Once that is in place, the employee is then eligible for a raise up to $18/hour after the training period.
Here's some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's great to work here!
* A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
* Health/dental/vision coverage
* Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability insurance
* Generous paid time off and holiday pay
* 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
* Mileage reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
* Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
* Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Credit union membership
* Employer-paid training
Here’s More About Us
Continuum of Colorado is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit agency providing services to people with a wide range of abilities. At Continuum, we empower individuals to live a meaningful life. We believe it is our responsibility to not only meet the needs of each individual we support but also to partner with our supported-individuals to help them reach milestones, achieve their goals, and make their dreams a reality. Person-centeredness is not just a trend or buzzword to us; it’s a philosophy that embodies each Direct Support Professional we hire. Our mission is to be a partner in choice and independence by collaborating with individuals and their families to provide high-quality lifetime supports that will empower them to thrive in their community. Check out all the services we provide at www.continuumcolo.org .
Job Reference #: 1054