Adult Day Program Facilitator- East Day Program
East Activity Services - Aurora, CO
CoC - 1033
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado has wonderful opportunities for Activity Services Facilitators with our East Day Program (Aurora, CO), who are committed to providing excellent customer service and supports to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and who likes to have fun while doing so! This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a small group of individuals while facilitating the following:
* Community activities such as visiting new museum exhibits and area venues
* Site-based activities such as skill building and memory exercises including sensory fun, gardening, games, arts and crafts, socializing, singing and music activities
* Physical fitness
* Community volunteer projects
* Hobby development
*MALES are strongly encouraged to apply!
This is a full-time 36-hour/week position working Mondays – Thursdays; 8:00a - 5:00p.
Your role as an Activity Services Facilitator will help these individuals become active members of their community; help them develop skills for future success; and provide meaningful activities to enhance their quality of life while providing a safe and nurturing environment.
What You’ll Get To Do!
* Training and assisting individuals in services in completing daily activities and other tasks (cleaning, toileting, meal preparation, meal pick-up and delivery, cooking, budgeting, hygiene, etc.) as assigned
* Meeting individuals in services' needs for transportation as assigned
* Implementing and documenting individuals in services' Individualized Service and Support Plant (ISSP), care plans and protocols
Must Have’s To Be Our Activity Services Facilitator!
* High school diploma or GED
* Prefer one year experience in an area directly related to job assignment (i.e., developmental disabilities, elderly, etc.)
* Must be committed, caring, dependable and hardworking
* Able to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
* Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
* Able to use crisis intervention techniques as trained by agency and as directed by the individuals in services' plan where applicable
* Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with individuals who may be non-ambulatory, including transfers.
* Able to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments
* Able to perform basic food preparation as applicable
* Able to meet physical demands of the position
The Other Stuff You Need
* Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
* Valid Colorado motor vehicle license
* Proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance
* Meet and maintain agency driving requirements
What are our agency driving requirements?
* Show three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history
* No suspensions or revocations during that period for any reason
* No serious violations in the past three (3) years
* No more than two moving violations in the past three (3) years
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$12.71 - $13.50/hourly plus $75.00 bi-weekly bilingual (English/Spanish) stipend for bilingual folks!
Here's some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's great to work here!
* A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
* Health/dental/vision coverage
* Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability insurance
* Generous paid time off and holiday pay
* 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
* Mileage reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
* Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
* Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
* Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Credit union membership
* Employer-paid training
Here’s More About Us
Continuum of Colorado is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit agency providing services to people with a wide range of abilities. At Continuum, we empower individuals to live a meaningful life. We believe it is our responsibility to not only meet the needs of each individual we support but also to partner with our supported-individuals to help them reach milestones, achieve their goals, and make their dreams a reality. Person-centeredness is not just a trend or buzzword to us; it’s a philosophy that embodies each Direct Support Professional we hire. Our mission is to be a partner in choice and independence by collaborating with individuals and their families to provide high-quality lifetime supports that will empower them to thrive in their community. Check out all the services we provide at www.continuumcolo.org.
Job Reference #: 1033