Activity Services Facilitator - West Day Program
East Activity Services - Aurora, CO
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado is hiring an Activity Services Facilitator for our West Day Program in Littleton, CO to provide supports to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and who likes to have fun while doing so! This position needs to be filled IMMEDIATELY!! This is a full-time 36-hour/week position working Mondays – Thursdays; 7:30a- 4:30p.
Apply here: https://jobs.continuumcolo.org/
Why is Continuum of Colorado so great to work for?
* Competitive pay $12.71 – $13.84/hr; plus $75 bi-weekly stipend for bilingual (English/Spanish) folks!
* Great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours week, working 4 days
* Employer-paid training with a supportive team
* Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
* Health, dental, vision insurance
* 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
* Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
* Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
* Onsite gym for employee use
* Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability insurance
* Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Credit union membership
More about what you’ll get to do as our Activity Services Facilitator!
This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a small group of individuals while facilitating the following:
* Community activities such as visiting new museum exhibits and area venues
* Site-based activities such as skill building and memory exercises including sensory fun, gardening, games, arts and crafts, socializing, singing and music activities
* Physical fitness
* Community volunteer projects
* Hobby development
Your role as an Activity Services Facilitator will help participants become active members of their community; help them develop skills for future success; and provide meaningful activities to enhance their quality of life while providing a safe and nurturing environment.
Must have's to be our Activity Services Facilitator!
* High school diploma or GED
* One (1) year experience in an area directly related to job, preferred (i.e., developmental disabilities, elderly, etc.)
* Be a committed, caring, dependable and hardworking person
* Able to pass and maintain certification in all required training
* Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
* Able to use crisis intervention techniques as trained by Continuum and as directed by our participants’ service plan where applicable
* Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with individuals who may be non-ambulatory, including transfers; able to meet physical demands of the position
* Ability to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations
* Able to perform basic food preparation as applicable
Job Reference #: 1214