Activity Services Facilitator- Floater
Seniors' Choice - Aurora, CO
# of Openings:
Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible position? Continuum of Colorado has a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic person for our Activity Services Facilitator- Floater position with our Seniors' Choice Day Program (Aurora, CO), who is committed to providing excellent customer service and supports to seniors and/or adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and who likes to have fun while doing so!
This position is a “floater” position between our programs; East Day, Seniors' Choice and Elevate 365-Special Olympics.
This position requires flexibility working at any of these programs- meaning some evenings and weekends (Saturdays) will be required. The shifts will vary between Mondays – Saturdays; five (5) days / 36 hours each week, typically working two Saturdays each month.
Why is Continuum of Colorado so great to work for?
* Competitive pay $12.71 – $13.84/hr; plus $75 bi-weekly stipend for bilingual (English/Spanish) folks!
* Great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours week
* Employer-paid training with a supportive team
* Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
* Health, dental, vision insurance
* 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
* Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
* Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
* Onsite gym for employee use
* Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability insurance
* Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Credit union membership
More about what you’ll get to do as our Activity Services Facilitator-Floater!
* Training and assisting individuals in services in completing daily activities and other tasks (cleaning, toileting, meal preparation, meal pick-up and delivery, cooking, budgeting, hygiene, etc.)
* Meeting individuals in services' needs for transportation as assigned
* Implementing and documenting individuals in services' Individualized Service and Support Plant (ISSP), care plans and protocols
* This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a small group of individuals while facilitating the following:
* Site-based activities such as skill building and memory exercises including sensory fun, gardening, games, arts and crafts, socializing, singing and music activities
* Physical fitness
* Hobby development
Must Have’s To Be Our Activity Services Facilitator-Floater!
* High school diploma or GED
* Prefer one year experience in an area directly related to job assignment
* Must be committed, caring, dependable and hardworking
* Able to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
* Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
* Able to use crisis intervention techniques as trained by agency
* Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with individuals who may be non-ambulatory, including transfers
* Able to read, write and converse in English and perform simple math calculations
* Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
* Valid Colorado motor vehicle license and proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance
* Meet and maintain agency driving requirements
Job Reference #: 1126