Activity Services Facilitator - Elevate 365
Continuum of Colorado's Aurora Office - Aurora, CO
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic person who is committed to providing excellent customer service and supports to children, adults and seniors with intellectual and developmental disabilities and who likes to have fun while doing so!
This is a rewarding position where you get to supervise and interact with a group of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, while facilitating Special Olympics and special programs, including dances and events. If you enjoy sports, coaching and working with individuals in these areas – this is the position for you (and get paid for what you love)!
Apply here: https://jobs.continuumcolo.org/
Why is Continuum of Colorado so great to work for?
- Competitive pay $12.71 – 13.84/hr
- Great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours week, working 4 days
- Employer-paid training with a supportive team
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym for employee use
- Employer-paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Discounts on auto and homeowners’ insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
The hours and days will vary for this position according to season; Monday – Saturday.
Your role as an Activity Services Facilitator for Special Events (this program is called Elevate 365) will help these individuals become active members of their community; help them develop skills for future success; and provide meaningful activities to enhance their quality of life while providing a safe and nurturing environment.
What You’ll Get To Do!
- Help in assuring participants medical needs are met while at special events
- Implement protocols and provide appropriate services; document as needed
- Disseminate information about upcoming events; advocate for participants needs and wants
- Provide direct care support to include coaching and emergency assistance
- Provide transportation to meet participants’ needs; may include driving or assisting in accessing transportation
- Ensure cleaning, storing, repairing and replacement of equipment used for special events; perform all tasks relevant to opening, setting up for program and closing the facility
Must Have’s to Be Our Activity Services Facilitator!
- High school diploma or GED
- Prefer one (1) year experience in developmental disabilities and/or recreation
- Prefer a background in therapeutic recreation
- Must pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Able to perform needed personal care and medical procedures
- Able to operate a wheelchair appropriately and assist with non-ambulatory participant or participants, including transfers
- Meet physical demands of the position
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to meet and maintain agency driving requirements and operate agency vehicles
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work as appropriate
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license and proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance