Part - Time Support Mentor
Varies w/in Denver, CO Metro area - Locations may vary by shift
CoC - 1018
# of Openings:
Are you a flexible independent caregiver looking for part-time work? Then don't miss out on this opportunity!
Continuum of Colorado has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person who is committed to providing excellent customer service and supports to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and having fun while doing so! The part-time Support Mentor role, known here at Continuum as a Family Care Giver, is a rewarding position where you are responsible for supervision, training, program/care plan implementation, assessment and documentation for those served in the Family Caregiver Act (FCA) program.
This position is based on the individual in services’ needs, shifts and times do vary; typically 3:00pm – 7:00pm, four work days per week (usually Monday - Thursday). In this role, you will get to do many different types of activities depending on the individual in services hobbies and interests (i.e. going to the library, going to the doctor, going shoe shopping, etc.).
What You’ll Get To Do!
* Provide services as outlined in the individual’s Service Plan (SP) and Family Caregiver Agreement
* Implement and document the individual’s ISSPs, care plans and/or protocols
* Maintain confidentiality and assures the individual’s rights are protected
* Follow agency policies/procedures regarding incidents of Mistreatment, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation (MANE)
* Notify nurse of medical issues and concerns
* Assist with medications (i.e. administration, pill packing, monitoring) as certified, and documents as appropriate
* Monitor health needs of the individual and assists in obtaining health care as needed
* Provide medical care in accordance with established protocols, to include First Aid/CPR when needed
* Document program, incident, medical and financial information as required
* Write information effectively, appropriately and in correct format
* Follow appropriate lines of communication; assures supervisor (designee) is well informed
* Attend and participates in the individual’s meetings as needed
* Follow work hours as outlined in Service Plan and Family Caregiver Agreement
* Utilize the time recording system appropriately and as required
* Exhibit dependability and carries through with requests from the supervisor
* Use the individual’s funds for his/her needs only
* Appropriately document use of the individual’s funds
* Follow Continuum of Colorado budget for the Family Caregiver Program; provides only the services outlined in the individuals SP/Family Caregiver Agreement unless receives prior authorization
Must Have’s To Be Our Family Care Giver!
* High school diploma or GED, preferred
* Ability to pass and maintain certification in all agency required training
* Ability to operate a wheelchair (if applicable) appropriately and assist with non-ambulatory individuals (if applicable) including transfers
* Ability to read, write and converse in the language of the individual served and performs simple math calculations for purposes of carrying out job assignments
* Ability to consistently lift up to 50 pounds
The Other Stuff You Need
* Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work, where applicable
* Valid Colorado motor vehicle license
* Proof of motor vehicle insurance
* Meet agency driving requirements and operate agency and personal vehicles
What are our agency driving requirements?
* Show three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history
* No suspensions or revocations during that period for any reason
* No serious violations in the past three (3) years
* No more than two moving violations in the past three (3) years
*Please note that we will pull your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) in all states that you have had a driver’s license in during the past 3 years as part of our hiring process. Upon hire, we monitor all employees’ MVRs monthly so you’ll need to have a pretty clean driving record to be employed with us!
The Good Stuff!
$12.18+ / hourly
Here’s More About Us
Continuum of Colorado is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit agency providing services to people with a wide range of abilities. At Continuum, we empower individuals to live a meaningful life. We believe it is our responsibility to not only meet the needs of each individual we support but also to partner with our supported-individuals to help them reach milestones, achieve their goals, and make their dreams a reality. Person-centeredness is not just a trend or buzzword to us; it’s a philosophy that embodies each Direct Support Professional we hire. Our mission is to be a partner in choice and independence by collaborating with individuals and their families to provide high-quality lifetime supports that will empower them to thrive in their community. Check out all the services we provide at www.continuumcolo.org.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1018