Movement / Music Therapist
Continuum of Colorado's Aurora Office - Aurora, CO
CoC - 1005
# of Openings:
Continuum of Colorado’s Personal Care department has a fantastic opportunity for a part-time Movement / Music Therapist who will perform licensed therapeutic in-home movement/music therapy services to children and adults served in the Home and Community Support Department and who reside in Arapahoe and Douglas County. Movement Therapy includes the use of music and/or dance as a therapeutic tool for the habilitation, rehabilitation and maintenance of behavioral, developmental, physical, social, communication, pain management, cognition and gross motor skills.
This position will be based out of our Aurora office location. Hours and shifts will be as needed by the participants receiving services. This position requires flexibility, as the Movement/Music Therapist schedules all their own appointments with individuals in services.
We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our offices are open Monday – Thursday and are closed on Fridays. This position will primarily work Monday – Thursday; however, due to the nature of the role and our commitment to the community and the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility due to appointments and responsibilities that occur outside typical workweek hours. This position must be willing to drive to appointments all over the metro area, including Aurora, Denver, Englewood, Centennial, Littleton and Parker. Travel time will be reimbursed.
What You’ll Get To Do!
- Coordinates with Community Center Board (CCB) Case Manager to ensure the need for movement/music therapy is identified by Medicaid State Plan therapist (OT or PT) or a physician.
- Establishes the treatment goal and monitors progress at least quarterly.
- Performs consultative visits to families either alone or in consultation with other team members.
- Responds promptly and professionally within the scope of services to individual and family needs and requests.
- Ensures adherence to Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures in provision of services.
- Completes all program-related documentation.
- Tracks progress and notes areas of concerns or improvements for therapy plans.
- Develops and maintains working case files.
- Reports abuse and neglect situations; files appropriate reports.
- Initiates contact with individuals, families and providers as necessary.
- Follows appropriate lines of communication and assures that supervisor or designee is well informed.
- Accommodates individuals’ and families’ schedules in planning meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality and individual rights.
- Participates in required coursework to maintain current licensure.
Must Have’s To Be Our Movement / Music Therapist!
- Active Movement / Music Therapist license in Colorado.
- Two years experience and/or related education or training working with persons who have developmental disabilities preferred.
- Working knowledge of the developmental disabilities system, rules and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of motor development, motor disorders and appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Ability to maintain necessary training, certifications and licensure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicates with individuals served, families, staff and others.
- Effectively writes progress reports and implements plans.
- Functions interdependently with persons served, co-workers, other staff, agency administration, and external agencies while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- Professionally interacts with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrates, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
The Other Stuff You Need
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work as appropriate.
- Valid Colorado motor vehicle license.
- Proof of adequate motor vehicle insurance.
- Meet and maintain agency driving requirements and operate agency vehicles.
What are our agency driving requirements?
* Show three (3) current, consecutive years of driving history
* No suspensions or revocations during that period for any reason
* No serious violations in the past three (3) years
* No more than two moving violations in the past three (3) years
*Please note that we’ll pull your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) in all states that you have had a driver’s license in during the past 3 years as part of our hiring process. Upon hire, we monitor all employees’ MVRs on a monthly basis. You’ll need to have a pretty clean driving record to be employed with us!
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary!
Here’s More About Us
Continuum of Colorado is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit agency providing services to people with a wide range of abilities. At Continuum, we empower individuals to live a meaningful life. We believe it is our responsibility to not only meet the needs of each individual we support but also to partner with our supported-individuals to help them reach milestones, achieve their goals, and make their dreams a reality. Person-centeredness is not just a trend or buzzword to us; it’s a philosophy that embodies each Direct Support Professional we hire. Our mission is to be a partner in choice and independence by collaborating with individuals and their families to provide high-quality lifetime supports that will empower them to thrive in their community. Check out all the services we provide at www.continuumcolo.org .